Annual Wellness Exam
Whether or not you need a Pap smear, it is important to come in for your annual wellness exam. By having an annual exam every year, you learn more about how your body works and how to stay healthy. Getting an annual exam at Mabel Wadsworth Center is an investment in your wellness.
At Mabel Wadsworth Center, we believe you have the right to receive healthcare in a setting where the clinical exam is only one part of the process. Equally important are education and support, providing the information that leads to self-confidence. Informed decision-making is the key to good decision-making. No one is better able to make decisions for you about your health than you are, fully informed and empowered to take charge of your own healthcare and sexual life.
An annual exam at Mabel Wadsworth may include any of the following depending on what you decide is in your best interest after talking with one of our providers:
- Medical history review
- Blood pressure
- Urine test for sugar levels and/or infections
- Anemia screening
- Weight and height check
- Evaluation of heart, lungs, and thyroid
- Clinical breast exam and instructions on how to do a breast self-exam
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap test with Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) screening
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections
- Testing and treatment for vaginal infections, such as yeast, bacterial vaginosis, and trichomoniasis
- Private and confidential counseling and support with one of our staff to get your questions answered; whether you want to know more about fertility, menopause, birth control, or sexuality. Our providers are here for you!