Mabel Wadsworth Center is committed to providing medically accurate, client-centered, compassionate healthcare and education to folks with diverse expressions of gender and sexuality. We respect and understand that sexuality and gender identity are expressed and experienced by each individual uniquely, and individuals across the broad spectrum may have unique healthcare needs that require experienced and supportive providers.
Mabel Wadsworth Center offers a safe and affirming environment. We’re interested in you and helping you become the healthiest person you can be by providing information and giving you the time, space, and control to make your own decisions.
Make your appointment today:
- Call (207) 947-5337. If you get our voicemail, please leave a message and our staff will get back to you ASAP. If you are unable to leave a message, please contact us via email.
- Email Us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Services that an LGBTQ+ client may request are:
- Annual wellness exams
- Cancer Screenings: breast/chest & cervical
- STI testing and treatment
- HIV testing
- Safer sex and risk-reduction education
- Birth control and options education
- Pregnancy care
- Gender affirming hormone therapy
- Mental health counseling
- Client advocacy
- Public and private insurance enrollment
- Healthcare navigation and goal-mapping
Referrals are available for services we are unable to provide here at Mabel Wadsworth Center.
Check out our Transgender Resources Packet! All items within this Google Drive Folder are downloadable and are updated often to reflect new policies. If you have questions or have suggestions for resources, email Client Advocate Aspen Ruhlin (they/them/theirs) at email@example.com.
Listen to this episode of our podcast Reproductive Left to learn more about your provider, Lindsey Piper. She discusses her philosophy of care and provides an overview of what an appointment might be like.