NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Director of Clinical Services/Nurse Practitioner
Mabel Wadsworth Center, Maine’s only feminist health center, is hiring a full-time Director of Clinical Services to join our passionate and dedicated team. This newly created position will play a vital role in helping the organization to grow and add new clinical services. Their primary role is to oversee day-to-day clinical services and supervise clinical staff. Additionally, they are expected to see their own panel of clients as an independent healthcare provider. As a member of the Leadership Team, they will play an important role as a strategic thought partner in advising the Executive Director.
About Mabel Wadsworth Center:
The Center is Maine’s only not-for-profit, community-based, independent feminist health center and one of just several nationwide. Based in Bangor, Maine, we provide client-centered sexual and reproductive health care, including prenatal care and abortion care. As Maine’s first publicly available abortion provider and the only provider of the procedure north of Augusta, we are committed to protecting and expanding access to abortion care and normalizing it as part of the full spectrum of reproductive health. Our gender-affirming program includes hormone therapy, mental health counseling, and individual advocacy supporting clients in their transition. Additionally, we use education and advocacy to advance reproductive health, rights and justice.
The ideal candidate has the following qualities:
- at least five years’ experience as an independent provider
- expertise in abortion care, primary care, reproductive and sexual health, and/or prenatal care
- enthusiasm about learning new skills and developing expertise
- demonstrated leadership or direct supervisory experience strongly preferred
- a strong commitment to feminist healthcare, reproductive justice and LGBTQ+ equality
- Cultural competency in working with LGBTQ+ people, poor people, and other vulnerable populations
- Entrepreneurial orientation and willingness to engage in a dynamic organizational model that values flexibility and innovation
- Registered in the State of Maine as Registered Professional Nurse, and Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) or Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
- Current DEA Registration if prescribing scheduled drugs
- CPR Certification
This position is full-time exempt, 40 hours/week, and includes benefits package, flexible workplace, and competitive pay commensurate with qualifications. Fringe benefits include health insurance, generous paid leave, and support for professional development. All licensure and practice fees and expenses covered (e.g. CMEs, DEA registration, malpractice insurance, etc.)
Click here for the full job description.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but must be received no later than Friday, May 31, 2019.