Taco or Beer Challenge
August 31, 2017, at Margarita’s in Orono
We challenge you to the #TacoBeerChallenge17! The concept is simple: eat a taco, drink a beer, or both and donate to your local abortion care provider, Mabel Wadsworth Center.
We’ve reserved a room downstairs at Margarita’s from 6 pm – 8 pm and welcome you to join us for a fun, feminist fundraiser!
If you can’t make it from 6 – 8 pm, you can support the Center by visiting Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, 15 Mill Street, Orono, ME any time on August 31. Margaritas will host a Noche Mexicana Fundraiser and donate 20% of pre-taxed food and beverage sales from participating families, friends and supporters to Mabel Wadsworth Center. Guests can choose items from any of their menus, takeout orders included.
Please share this invitation with friends, family and community members.
If you have questions about this event, please contact email@example.com
You must show this flyer to the host or server so they know that you are there to support the fundraiser (you can print the flyer or show the image to them from your phone).
**If you can’t attend on the 31st, you can participate at any point throughout the month by eating a taco, drinking a beer or both and donating here. Be sure to let your friends know by posting a #TacoBeerChallenge17 selfie and tag us @mabel.wadsworth on Instagram or @MabelWadsworth on Facebook and Twitter.
Bowling for Reproductive Rights
Sunday, September 17th, at Eastward Bowling Lanes in Ellsworth from 8:00 am – Noon
Hosted by the Formidable Women’s Collective (FWC) is hosting a bowl-a-thon with proceeds to support the Mabel Wadsworth Center. We are looking for teams!
Captain a Team:
● Invite 4 friends, co-workers, associates, family members, or others to join you.
● Create a team name. We encourage teams to choose a team uniform, color, or theme.
● Each team commits to raising a minimum of $250.00 collectively. Captains could ask for $50 per teammate or the captain or individual team member could solicit donations to sponsor their team.
How to Help Without Changing Your Shoes:
● Sponsor a bowler or donate directly. In the Donation Notes please write in FWC Bowl-a-thon Donation.
● Create a virtual team: if you live outside the area or you are away at college and you want to be part of this event, simply create a team, raise funds for FWC, then gather at your local bowling alley to bowl a couple of strings. Go to the Mabel Wadsworth Center page to donate the funds that you raised at your virtual or satellite event. Mention your team name and the FWC fundraiser in the donation notes.
● Donate door prizes, team prizes (best and worst), or other cool stuff to help make this a fun event for all! To donate a prize or other fun item, please contact Renée Laber (info below). Register your team here or contact Mackenzie, Tracy, Renée or Lyn on how to register.
Orginazers contact information: Lyn Gatz (firstname.lastname@example.org) Renee Laber (email@example.com) Tracy Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mackenzie Miller (email@example.com)
The FWC is a local pro-active, productive and positive activist group working to build support and create connections within communities.