It’s our biggest night of the year, and we want to see you there!
Thursday, May 25 from 5:30 – 8:30 pm at the Penobscot Valley Country Club.
Please join us to celebrate Mabel Wadsworth Center and three decades of honoring our minds, our bodies and our power! We’re shaking things up a bit with a new location, entertainment, and more to improve this beloved annual event that reunites old friends and welcome new ones.
We are pleased to announce our three distinguished honorees to be recognized at this year’s celebration:
- Julia Kahrl, a passionate advocate for reproductive health and founder of Grandmothers for Reproductive Rights (GRR), will receive the Mabel Sine Wadsworth Achievement Award, for inspiring and strengthening our movement across generations.
- Davida Ammerman, a longtime persistent and effective advocate for transgender rights and social justice, will receive the Ruth L. Lockhart Feminist Activist Award, for her courageous and bold activism on behalf of transgender people and other marginalized communities.
- Alice Bruce, past Board President and devoted supporter, will receive our Woman Power Award for her steadfast commitment to the Center and exceptional leadership during our recent executive director transition.
Tickets are $50 per person. One ticket includes: heavy Hors d’Oeuvres, a glass of champagne or sparkling cider, and live entertainment.
Donations above the ticket price will allow us to welcome all who wish to attend. Buy tickets here.
Registration required – please RSVP by May 23rd. (Please contact us directly for discounted tickets.)
All proceeds benefit Mabel Wadsworth Center, a mission-driven not-for-profit organization, and our work to provide high quality reproductive and sexual health care to people in our community.
5:30 pm Arrive; Silent Auction opens
6:30 pm Program
7:30 pm Silent Auction closes; Live Auction
8:00 pm After Party
Silent and Live Auction:
This year’s silent and live auction will include specially curated selections of entertainment “experiences” from across the region; health and wellness packages; and unique art and jewelry pieces; all hand selected for our guests.
Thank you to our generous corporate and organizational sponsors:
- Bangor Daily News
- Maine Stone Design Center
- Stanley Subaru
Women’s Health Sustainer:
- Justin Harlan Financial Services
- ERA Dawson Bradford
- Equality Maine
Friends of the Center:
- Dorsey Furniture
- Fairmount Market
- Maine People’s Alliance
- Quirk Insurance
- N.H. Bragg
- Rainstorm Consulting
- Print Bangor
Interested in Sponsoring the event?
To join the host committee and help sponsor the event or submit a congratulatory message for our awardees, please contact Sarah Nichols at 991-1531 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Champion $1,000 Name and logo featured in the printed program and on-screen at the event; includes full-page ad in program; recognized and promoted on website, e-newsletter and Facebook; recognized from podium at the event; six tickets to attend the event.
- Women’s Health Sustainer $500 Name and logo featured in the printed program and on-screen at the event, includes 1/2 page ad in program; recognized and promoted on website, e-newsletter and Facebook; recognized from podium at the event; four tickets to attend the event.
- Friend of the Center $250 Name and logo featured in the printed program and on-screen at the event, includes 1/4 page ad in program; recognized on website, e-newsletter, and Facebook; two tickets to attend the event.
- Feminist Activist $175 Name listed in the printed program and on-screen at the event website, E-newsletter, and Facebook promotion; two tickets to attend the event.
- Supporter $100 Name listed in the printed program and on-screen at the event; one ticket to attend the event.
Any questions? Please contact Kate at the Mabel Wadsworth Center at 947-5337 or at email@example.com.