It is that time of year again! We hope you will celebrate with us.
Please join Mabel Wadsworth Center for our 23rd Annual Celebration as we recognize the Honorable Mary Cathcart for her ability to reach out to younger generations and help them rise up and become leaders in our community and beyond.
About Mary Cathcart
In 1990, Mary was one of fourteen women that helped found SAFEMaine (Safe Abortions For Everyone), to make sure all Maine women can exercise their right to choose an abortion.
Mary served four terms (1996-2004) as the State Senator representing three communities in Penobscot County and previously served three terms in the Maine House of Representatives. She also chaired the U.S. Commision on Child & Family Welfare (1995-1996), at the appointment of former U.S. Senator George Mitchell.
Mary was also the founder of Maine New Leadership, a program that she initiated, which educates, engages, and empowers undergraduate women to take on the mantle of civic and political leadership.
Tickets are $50 per person.
All meals are gluten and dairy free. The meal choices are Chicken, Salmon or Stuffed Bell Peppers (vegan).
Donations above the ticket price will allow us to welcome all who wish to attend.
Registration required – please RSVP by May 11th. (Please contact us directly for discounted tickets.)
All proceeds benefit Mabel Wadsworth Center, a mission-driven not-for-profit organization, and our work to provide high quality reproductive and sexual health care to people in our community.
Get your tickets here.
5:30 pm Arrive; Silent Auction opens
6:30 pm Program
7:30 pm After Party
Thank you to our generous corporate and organizational sponsors:
- Maine Stone Design Center by Qualey
- Bangor Daily News
- Grandmothers for Reproductive Rights
Women’s Health Sustainer:
- Ameriprise Financial – Justin Harlan
- Equality Maine
- Machias Savings Bank
- Maine Women’s Lobby
- Planned Parenthood of Northen New England
- Preti Flaherty
- WERU-FM Community Radio
Friends of the Center:
- ACLU of Maine
- Central Street Farmhouse
- ERA Dawson Bradford
- Fairmont Market
- Health Equity Alliance
- Quirk Insurance
- Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Maine
Interested in Sponsoring the event?
Help sponsor the event or submit a congratulatory message for our awardee. Select sponsorship level by following the button to buy tickets here, then please contact Kate at 947-5337 or via email at email@example.com with your meal choice(s) and name(s) of your guest(s). Meal choices are: chicken, salmon, or stuffed bell peppers. All meals are all dairy and gluten free and the pepper are vegan.
- Supporter $100 Ticket for 1 and name listed in program.
- Feminist Activist $175 Tickets for 2 and name listed in program.
- Friend of the Center $250 Tickets for 2 and name listed in program.
- Women’s Health Sustainer $500 Tickets for 4 and name listed in program, 1/2 page ad and recognized at podium at event.
- Community Champion $1000 Tickets for 6 and name listed in program, full-page ad and recognized at podium at event.
If you have any questions please contact Mabel Wadsworth Center at 947-5337 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.