A Million Acts
“Social change is a million individual acts of kindness. Cultural change is a million individual acts of subversive resistance.” ~Mary Pipher
This campaign is an opportunity for every person in our community, including YOU, to get involved.
“A Million Acts” represents the strength and resilience of our entire community – board, staff, volunteers, clients, donors, and community members – to continue to provide healthcare, to educate, and to advocate, no matter what lies ahead.
We are inviting you to join us in “A Million Acts” by supporting Mabel Wadsworth Center in one of three ways:
Donate. Every dollar counts. Your gift is an act of resistance – your gift supports social and cultural change.
Here are some ways your financial support helps those most in need:
- Your gift of $5,000 will support an additional 100 clients receiving no or low-cost preventive care like birth control and cancer screenings
- $2,500 helps to provide gender-affirming hormone therapy to trans clients and supports cultural competency training for our entire staff
- $1,000 provides training and education to local students looking to become the next generation of sexual and reproductive healthcare providers
- $500 helps to provide abortion care to a woman in need
- $250 covers an annual exam and follow up care for one woman without insurance
- $100 provides STI testing and treatment for one client
- $35 helps us to offer a pregnancy test and options counseling visit to one client.
- $10 covers the cost of 100 condoms distributed throughout our community.
No matter the size of the gift, your donation is resistance!
Become a Client. When you come to the Center using your private insurance it helps others. Just by having your annual wellness exam here, we can provide that same service to UP TO THREE UNINSURED CLIENTS! Learn more about our services and make an appointment today!
Volunteer. We rely heavily on volunteers to help us run our non-profit health center. No matter what your age, gender, orientation, or background, we have a role for you to play! Contact us to learn how to get involved.
Our Goal is to raise $250,000 by the end of 2018 to provide health care to low-to-moderate income people, and to educate and advocate for healthcare access. We also seek to attract 120 more clients and engage new volunteers to provide more than 3,000 hours of their time.
It’s a simple formula:
- $250,000 +
- 120 new clients +
- 3,000 hours of volunteer time =
Providing and advocating for feminist, accessible healthcare for our community with your support!
By joining, you’ll be part of the growing community of people who support Mabel Wadsworth Center and our mission of providing a feminist model of health care, focused on sexual and reproductive healthcare, through education, advocacy, and clinical services.