Schedule and Services
Updated March 26, 2020
As a health center, we are committed to keeping our staff and patients safe during this COVID-19 outbreak so we can continue to provide essential and urgent services.
We are currently open and will stay open to continue to serve clients’ needs through telehealth and in-person visits when necessary.
New Clinic Hours: We will be open Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with staff available to respond to client needs via phone and email on Fridays.
We do ask that if you have had contact with someone infected with COVID-19 OR have any of the following symptoms, please DO NOT come here and instead contact us directly so we can make a plan:
- fever >100.0
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- muscle aches
- unusual fatigue
We are screening EVERYONE at the door. If you have any of these symptoms you will not be allowed in and will be asked to reschedule.
We are accepting new clients for appointments via telehealth. This includes new HRT clients. We are accepting new clients, and seeing existing clients for most prenatal and abortion care visits. We are using telehealth as clinically appropriate.
For all other services:
- Annual Exams and other routine, preventive visits: all previously scheduled non-urgent, wellness appointments including annual exams will be postponed until further notice.
- Birth Control: we will continue to schedule in-person visits for ongoing birth control needs such as IUD and Nexplanon insertions or removals and routine Depo injections. We will handle inquiries about birth control changes by phone.
- Gynecological Care: we will also continue to see clients in person with immediate concerns such as pain, unusual discharge, STI symptoms, and other concerns.
- Client Advocate: Unfortunately, we are no longer able to offer client advocate appointments.
- Mental health counseling: clients will access care via telehealth.
- NOTE: All decisions about in-person visits and client access may vary and ultimately be subject to clinical discretion.
How to reach us:
Please call 947-5337. We can help you understand options and determine next steps. Or, if possible, please contact us via email email@example.com or through the Athena patient portal for scheduling questions, prescription refills, etc. as phone lines are currently busy.
No support people will be allowed into the building with clients-please ask your support people to wait in the car or arrange to come back after your appointment.
We appreciate your understanding and patience. We are frequently re-evaluating our plans as circumstances change and are relying on guidance of the Center for Disease Control and the State of Maine. We will communicate any updates on our website or via social media.